With four full-time Life Enrichment Specialists, residents have plenty of opportunity to stay engaged with purposeful, meaningful activities. There’s a reason behind everything we provide. Our residents can choose to do what they’ve always liked, pursue new interests, or be involved in the spontaneous social life that is an integral part of Addington Place. It’s all here, it’s all a matter of choice, and the family is invited!
Download our Activities Calendars:
Our calendar is packed with purposeful, significant, productive activities:
- Community Service Projects –Making treats for the dog shelter, ribbons for Breast Cancer Awareness, get well cards for hospitals, baking goodies for the fire department, to name a few
- Intergenerational Interaction – Sharing projects with scouts, pen pal program with a local class, participation in Senior Prom at the middle school, reading to school children and having them read to us!
- Pet Therapy – Big and small dogs, our singing bird, Herbie, and our therapy dog, Lovie
- Art Therapy – Sensory exploration, self-expression and a way to communicate when words fail.
- Gardening – Reliving childhood memories, failure-free activities, getting your hands dirty, watching the changes and growth in nature
- Music Therapy – With individualized and specialized playlists to encourage music instead of meds
- Celebrations, Parties and Socials – Residents do it all from making the invitations, decorations, food and gifts, to hosting the occasion such as a baby or wedding shower
- Daily Exercise Classes – Including yoga, stretch classes and the walking club
- Community Excursions – Including Tiger games, fishing trips, burgers & beer, bowling, fall color tours, bingo at the Senior Center
- Brain Stimulation – Including games, trivia, sharing, reminiscing, math, current events
- Live Concerts and Sing-Alongs
- Guests Speakers and movie nights
- Church Services on site – Twice weekly
Each resident is unique, so we develop relationships and activities that work best for the individual.